I want your sex


When I was a teenager, we used to hear the urban myth of a married couple putting pennies in a jar for each time they had sex.  Thereafter, in the years following, the couple should withdraw a penny for the same concept.  The idea being the jar would never empty.  I guess that is the myth part. Actually, I am relieved  it can still be great after ten years and three kids.    You never know how time, marriage, kids and health can impact your personal recreation.  
However,  there have been a few books lately about having sex for 100 days or a year straight (what can I say, I fold laundry while watching tv).  Honey, I am not on that boat.  I don't see myself enjoying that kind of a commitment.  For me, the next morning is about smiling to myself, "Yeah, I got some."  It makes my whole day great and I think of my husband more that day.  I like the spontaneous nature of the whole thing; little else in my life feels off the cuff.  It don't eat ice cream every day either.   Other days, I am just in love with sleep.  I can be so over the top bitter,  that I will fight to the death for alone time and sleep.   I know my husband would be up for the "challenge".  But, I seriously wonder if he would cry uncle after 100 days.  Or, are men and women really wired differently?  

Comments

mindy said…
I'm not an expert, but i'm willing to bet that men and women are definitely wired differently. For my husband, once a day isn't enough...
mindy said…
Sorry to leave yet another comment, but this was too good not to share. When I was reading your blog, my husband walked by and saw the title---of course he was curious, so he read over my shoulder. When he finished he asked, "So---you want some ice cream?" Too funny!
April said…
I love the smiling to yourself thinking, "Yeah, I got some." You crack me up!!! It's funny how your sex life does change over the years. I find myself thinking about how I want to tell someone small details about some of the fun I have, but then I like having a secret sometimes too. :)
Julie said…
It is still good after almost 19 years together. As for the 100 days- yea I would give it a try if I could get my honey home for 100 days. He is still traveling too much.
Serenity Rachel said…
Hi Kate! I clicked on your blog from Mary's and saw the title of this post and died laughing. Yup, this is definitely Kate's blog, I thought. Too funny! I notice that you and Mary both read Angle of Repose recently. I love that book! Good to see how you are doing.
-Reni
Quinn said…
Hi Kate, and I clicked on your blog from Reni's and since it is around 7am Sunday morning in SLC, but my 2 kids that I have with me think it is around 3pm German time - I am up and reading blogs. Right on with the sleep deprivation and I have to say I agree with your friend Mindy from the firt comment. They really are wired differently. As far as biking goes... move to Gemany. LOL Being green is a lot easier. I've been following the motto "Sprit sparen, Rad fahren" for quite awhile now. I get my daily dose of exercise, my kids get good fresh air, I have loved watching the fall leaves turn and I have saved tons in gas. I can effectively park my car till almost Sunday. I won't ride to church. (20 Min. by car) There I draw the line.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence