Nightmares and love


We decided to combine fun these last few weeks by having my husband work 70 plus hours and installing wood floors. This lovely combination has left me alone with the kids, eating out of my car and driving aimlessly.  Although I got kisses in the dark when I was half-asleep, we still weren't seeing that much of each other.  I felt a little sorry for myself and grouchy.
  I have always been one for crazy dreams.  So, these lonely days created a genuine nightmare for me.  For some unknown reason, my husband was talking to me in a dream...don't know if I was married or engaged, anyway, he said it wasn't working out.  I tried to convince him otherwise.  I asked,  "who else would laugh with me, who would sit back and see the things I see, who would stick with me through everything, who would be my best friend?" I woke-up sobbing.  Fortunately, my husband was still there and I was so shaken that I sat in his arms and wept until I calmed down.   I was so strongly reminded about the most important person in my life.   So, go find your spouse, sibling, parent, friend, neighbor or whomever tell them you love them and your life would lack without that person!

Comments

Mary Morris said…
Sad dream. I've had dreams like that. In one I was single again for some unexplained reason, but back at BYU to do it all over again, living with young roommates even though I am a thirtysomething mom. Believe me, that's a nightmare!
mindy said…
What is it about dreams that make them so real and unsettling? I have to remind myself not to be mad at my husband when he does upsetting things in my dreams...even when logically I know it was only a dream.
M+J=K3+E said…
I have had those kind of dreams too. They are horrible. I check your blog from time to time and it just makes me laugh. You are too funny. I enjoyed visiting and getting to know you better last week while we talked with Lisa. Hope your floors are almost finished.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence