Why I like being a mom




   I became a mom almost eight years ago.   When I first became pregnant, I wanted the whole thing taken back.  I was scared and unsure of how life would be as a mom.  I was working, attending a full-time master's program and helping in an after-school program.  In short, I found life to be busy and fulfilling.  I'll admit it.  The first few months of having a baby threw me.  I was grateful for this amazing creation.  However, I had time to do nothing. My brain didn't feel like it was always working.  I would wait by the door for 5:15 to hit. When my husband came through, I would attack him with all of my saved-up words.  The lack of sleep and structure drove me crazy!!!  My fierce sense of me as independent woman had been shattered by having my husband pick up all the bills.  (I hadn't been that dependent since I had been a young teenager...boy was that hard for me!)  Somewhere between then and now, I'll admit to something.  I  fell in-love with being a mom.  Here's why:
  1. I get to know these amazing personalities
  2. I get to see brains come alive
  3. I experience a love so powerful that I understand God's love better
  4. I am more easy going (sort of and years later)
  5. I get to play, sing, laugh, dance, be silly
  6. I go to parks and drink in each season
  7. I can eat cookies and swing at 10 in the morning
  8. My life is flexible
  9. I was unsure of my next direction after my masters, so I took some time off to ponder!
  10. I learn to focus on day-to-day joys
  11. My sleep schedule is more flexible
  12. I cuddle some of the sweetest things on the planet
  13. I am learning to control my temper
  14. I am learning to be more creative
  15. I know the latest in cool cartoons, toys and sayings

Comments

Julie said…
Learning to control your temper is so important- wait until you have teenagers! I also have to add- I get to see these amazing people grow bigger than me. I also get to talk to them as they are becoming adults. I get to be friends with my children.

I love this journey!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence