Gotta reset the clock

As my sister and I have headed toward middle age, we have wondered how it is all going to work as we get older.  When do we wear elasticized pants?  When do we wear comfortable tennis shoes?  When can we eat ice cream for lunch because it doesn't matter?  Frankly, I'm looking forward to some of that stuff right now.  We arrived at 70.  We thought that would be the next era for us.   Along with that, as I thought about relationships, when does one put away the (close your eyes if you don't like frank talk)...well when does one stop wearing the thong?  When does your marriage embrace tasteful nightgowns?  I really couldn't see myself prancing out into the bedroom when I was much older.  My sister and I thought you must just hit this time where you put it all away.  I thought, it has to be around 50.  That sounds reasonable.  
Yesterday, I found a woman way past that mark who still embraces all of life.  Guess, I gotta reset my clock.  

Comments

mindy said…
Your mom is a crack-up! But let me tell you something---If I ever find anything in my mother's bathroom, I will run away screaming and never look back! Too funny!!!
Unknown said…
Does your Mom read your blog? Did you tell her? I laughed out loud when I read this. Go Kate's mom and lucky Kate's Dad.
Does your mother know what you just posted? ; )
you rock! i don't think you'll ever give it up Kate--it's a personality thing--and you'll never give up on life.
love you!
Katydid said…
No, I think she is too busy. Now I am thinking I wasn't being subtle at all and she will kill me. Maybe I should lose the post.
mak-daddy said…
do tell...and yes, you may want to lose this one...or change the name to protect the innocent. too bad, so many have read it.
Katydid said…
Well, on the other hand...it may make a great funeral story :) I don't think too many have read it. I hope. I'm not syndicated or that read by many.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence