Was I preaching to the choir?


Most people know I have a feminist bent.   I guess sometimes, I run with it too long.  My daughter has wondered why women don't change oil, lay carpet or install wood floors.   I told her maybe the women are on break or we just didn't see them that day.  While singing in church, she wondered why "the errand of angels" is just for women?  Hmmmm, I'm not so sure myself.  Finally, as I was getting dressed, she wondered why just women have breasts.  Doesn't that make them do all the work?  Honey, I thought, you have no idea!  Men love 'em, babies love 'em.... the day never ends.  I joke that I could put them in a box for my husband at work.  He claims that is not the same.  It was merely a suggestion.    I just don't know what I have created in my own home.  Have I made a monster? Probably.  But I still appreciate the funny observations.

Comments

M+J=K3+E said…
My uncle who was a bishop at the time mind you, said "Hey, they are just a ball of fat with a nipple on it. What's the big deal?" That's right, what is the big deal but they are never left alone are they :) Kids, hubbys they never great a break!!
Serenity Rachel said…
Tag, you're it! You are now supposed to list seven funny or weird things about yourself. I know you'll have some good ones, Kate. Don't let me down!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence