What a man

I got my eyebrows plucked a few days ago.  She was the master hair remover.  She told me she speaks Persian.  Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, she pulled out this string thing between her fingers and started removing my hair. I have read about this method before.  I have read about it in books about Iran and Iraq.  Wow! I did not think something was more painful than waxing. It kind of felt like a mix between a rug burn and a sticky rubber band.  The one wax rip is worse.   It was the tedious movement of the string that makes you want to cry "Oy enough of the rub already!"   Just to make conversation, I asked her if she did men.  Well, P. does get a monobrow sometimes.  She said, "oh just the eyebrows.  I do not do bikini or Brazilian."  Um, wait, what?!!!  What person thinks that looks good on a man?  Or more to the point, does she use that string technique?  

Comments

M+J=K3+E said…
Mike gets a monobrow too, but he would never consider waxing. Lets get those to together, strap them down, and trying waxing them ourselves. Lets stick to the monobrow though, not the bikini area!!!
L said…
Does the stringy thingy hurt worse and take longer than tweezing your brows? I'm like "Cousin It" so I'm always investigating new methods.

Yes that was me walking the other morning with Marcie. You, my friend run like a gazelle (so quiet and smooth)! Someday, I too will run, but unfortunately I'll probably have to be chased.
Joanna said…
I've totally gotten my eyebrows threaded before. Although it took longer, I didn't think it hurt so much more necessarily. What I did like is that the person was Persian, so she knew how to shape full eyebrows, which seem to be a curse of mine!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence