Love the skin you are in

Speaking of raw and ridiculous, I have a nasty skin condition, psoriasis, which requires a yearly doctor visit.  It can be itchy and ugly.  Sometimes,  people may wonder if I fell on my  knees. It is just my personal pal--an ugly non-contagious skin condition.  During my yearly doctor inspection, I sat there under the bright lights while he checked all of my "areas".  As I sat in the gown, with my poor posture creating a mother-gorilla-sitting-in-the-zoo-skin-folds, I looked at the young assistant. I thought, "well, it can't get more embarrassing than this." Nope, I was wrong.   He also popped my underwear back, like a parent checking a diaper.  Yup! It doesn't get better than that.  Just in case you didn't know, psoriasis lurks on elbows, knees and bums.  So, watch out world.

Comments

mindy said…
I love your attitude! And you are right---we might as well get over our hang-ups (we all have them) and love the skin we are in, or else spend the rest of our life being miserable.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence