Jesus wouldn't do that


It has been a long ride lately.  Sometimes, my husband's company expects 60 hours, or more for a quarter of the year.  We are in that phase right now.  In addition, we are painting our kitchen. (Ha-ha to that getting done.)  Because of all that crazy, we try to combine family time, couple time and things which need to be done into one big errand.  I tried to go running, while talking to my husband and taking the kids along.  We picked a quiet part of the neighborhood.  As we headed home, we passed some young teenage girls. I looked at them and kept jogging along. 
  After we passed them, we heard them yell " put on some pants!"  I looked around the quiet setting. Hmmmm,  since it was just my family and those girls out there, it had to be me in my little running shorts.  Now, my legs were probably not shaved and very white.  I am knocking on the door of 40, so my skin is a losing a little firmness.   However, I am in great shape thanks. It took all of me not to march down and pick her up and say "hey put on some pants instead of dressing in that short, nasty,  skanky mini-skirt."  Or, I wanted to say, " go on a 13-miler with me. I know- those skinny, malnourished legs won't make it."  How about,  "clean up your make-up you look awful."  I thought all of those things and I didn't do them. See, because Jesus wouldn't do that.  But, I told them to my husband and thought them all night.  Well, Jesus wouldn't do that either.....so I guess I'm not much better.

Comments

April said…
You are in good shape and they probably never will be. Take comfort in that.
Sad thing is, I remember being a punk teenager and making stupid comments like that.
mindy said…
yah, but wouldn't it be nice just to hit them with your car...nothing fatal or permanent or anything, just enough to knock a little sense into them? (I guess I have a long way to go with the WWJD as well.):)
Scott-n-Allison said…
Thanks for making me smile...I needed that.

And I'm sure your legs are H.O.T.
Unknown said…
OOh, I'm all irritated. That's something I would stir about for days. I'm sorry for you.
Mary Morris said…
Oh, there was I time when I wanted to work with teenagers every day. I don't really feel that way anymore, I must say!
J-E said…
I spent the weekend with you, and you didn't tell me that story? How infuriating! You should have sent Paul back there to tell them off. Aren't teenagers lovely?

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence