Truth and Consequence

I'm almost took that last post down.  It sounds so mean-spirited.  What kind of person says those things?  Well, besides me and teenagers?  I started this blog as an attempt to present another side to myself and maybe my kids.  It also feels fun to play with font/colors, say immediate things and add silly pictures.   Every time I read my journal, I think no one would believe that is me. It is  so pondering, meditative and serious.  Heavens, they might think I was some type of serious-spiritual pioneer.  Which of course, I am not.  It clearly didn't show all of me.   But, I also promised myself I wouldn't run from the ugly parts.  It just makes me feel kind of lame when I read other mother-type blogs.  They seem to rejoice in the journey, hug and kiss their young ones,  have homes knit with love and beauty, present beautiful photos of an idyllic world....and so on.  Me?  I am holding true to my promise that this venue will not run away from the bitter, sarcastic, immature,  lazy or disorganized.   However, it makes me feel kind of guilty. Doesn't the general reader want uplifting?  Hmmm...well, I did promise this to be truthful and open.  So, maybe when I get my act together it may be uplifting.  Until then, I will document the raw and ridiculous of my life.  Maybe I will learn something in that long ride.

Comments

ruth said…
Uplifting, smuplifting. keep it real and raw. It is so nice to know there are other people out there who have hard days, who think bad things, who can't do it all. It makes me feel better about the job i'm doing. we are all doing our best. sometimes our best isn't all that beautiful. I think that is okay.
Unknown said…
Raw & ridiculous are personally my favorite blogs to read. Don't change it.
M+J=K3+E said…
I love your blog. It always makes me smile. Don't change a thing!!!
L said…
Bitter, sarcastic and immature are my middle names so don't go cutesy on me! Even the homes knit with love and beauty are occasionally if not frequently fraught with fighting and filth. Some are just too proud or embarassed to admit it. Keep it real!

By the way,Paul's singing was fantastic yesterday.

Lisa
mindy said…
I think everyone else is just faking it. Honesty is always the best policy. (Except when it is absolutely necessary to lie for example, in regards to the homemade dessert I was supposed to bring to the school carnival...)
April said…
Be you. As a faithful reader, I wouldn't want to see anything else.
Anonymous said…
I love your blog. I visit it almost daily in anticipation of a new entry. You should write a book. Keep it coming. Please!
Unknown said…
You always make me laugh Kate. What would my world be like without you? How would I know all of these delicious thoughts/ideas without you blogging them? By the way, I think you have great legs. At least you didn't actually yell any of those things you thought. Progress, progress, progress. My legs are exceedingly white also. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity