Crazy

I just returned from a lovely family reunion. Yes, we really did have fun. I have a much bigger problem to discuss besides family reunions. My niece taught us the great camp song about a moose. Yeah, you know, he drank a lot of juice. However, the only part I can really sing is : "Way-oh, Way-oh, wayo wayo way-oh". It has become the new rhythm to my dish washing and laundry folding. I keep muttering it under my breath. Tragically, this turrets of the song lyrics is a classic trademark for me. I think my husband generally finds it charming. Well...except for the time I kept singing one line from the Rent musical, "and pussy galore." I was at his family's house and as usual I kept humming that same awful line. He finally pulled me aside to ask me "if I understood what I was singing ?" That actually got me quiet. The list would be endless of all the silly lyrics I sing to myself. Some of my more classic song problems:

Sweet Escape. I keep only singing the "woo, hoo, yee hoo" part.

Kung Fu Fighting. "We were Kung -fu fighting, na-na-na-na-na-na-nuh-nuh."

Steal my Sunshine. "Steal my sunshine" That is all I sang that summer. Ask my husband. Just those words.

Crazy in Love. "Crazy, Crazy in love."

As you can see, I am probably make people crazy who live with me. Does anyone else have a song that they just can't stop humming or muttering?

Comments

Blondie said…
I can pretty much get stuck on anything ABBA.
When I was on study abroad I was constantly singing "Unbreak my heart" (just those three words). I eventually drove my roommates insane,
But the worst was when my oldest was two years old. I spent several months stuck on the line "Oh, it's great to be an engine" from Thomas the Tank Engine. That was really embarrassing.
Becca said…
at least you get real songs stuck in your head! I'm guilty of singing "free credit report . com!" for days and even Cricket will burst out a "Safe light repair!Safe light replace!"

jingles are much harder to erase from one's mind! trust me!
Katydid said…
Oh, the curse of the jingles !!
Carolyn said…
My youngest sister taught me a delightful pre-school activity song that she learned as part of an early-childhood education class:

Tony Chestnut Knows I Love You

It ceased to be delightful when I couldn't get it out of my head for more than a week. It was even less delightful for the people who live in my home, none of whom are pre-schoolers. But at least they know that Tony knows that I love them.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence