Take my Breath Away


I decided I  had to do something I have thought about for years.  I am doing a triathlon this weekend.  Really, I am a fool. I am a terrible swimmer and I hate swimming in cold, pool water.  So, of course swimming in a filthy, freezing local lake is just what I want.  I rented a wet-suit to keep me warm in the waters.  After squeezing into that thing, I have a greater appreciation for all of the batman actors/evil villains  who must wear those crazy costumes daily.   I am also not an idiot, I have been biking/running/walking for about 6 weeks.  It will be an adventure.  I have enjoyed getting out of my normal routine...so far from my normal life.   I looked up swim times for this local race from last year.  I'm pretty sure I am going to be backstroking with the sixty-year-olds.  All of it will be a good learning experience. I think it will be very good for me to be the last person in an event.

I know, you may be wondering about the lunch deal.   J. came home and wondered why all of the adult food?  And why did I give her a tart green apple when I know she hates them.  After the explanation, her lunch was packed by 4:30 that same day. Hmmm, I'm sticking to the plan of nasty-lunch  consequences. 

Comments

awesome! I'm glad to know it works. Jam is a smart girl.
Unknown said…
Yeah Kate! I was wondering when your triathlon was. I hope you had fun. If not, and they had to pull you gasping out of the water, I hope the lifeguard looked like Eric Bana.
Julie said…
so how did it go Kate? I have been checking the past few days to see how you did.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence