Hungry Like the Wolf


For the last year my daughter and I have been locked in a battle over lunch.  I refuse to pack a lunch for a smart, capable elementary aged child.  When I do pack her lunch, I give her an extra job to do around the house. However, this has just given me more items to finish on my nag list.  So, I got an idea from my brother-in-law; pack a nasty lunch.  This morning I was almost gleeful to set my evil plans in motion. As I skipped to the fridge, I wondered what disgusting adult food I could give her.  I snuck out the creamy fruit parfait and chocolate brownie.  In their place, I put in a berry-fruit jello combination which she hates. I gave her a few cold, somewhat greasy twice-baked potatoes.  I ended it with some dry wheat bread and an apple.  The genius of this plan is so fun.  I am giving her food.  Hence, the school will not purchase a lunch for her.  I am not creating more nag items for my daughter. Instead, I am giving her the powerful example of action without words.  When I handed her lunch, she smiled and hugged me. "Thanks Mom. What job do I have to do?"  I admit,  I felt a little twinge here.  "Nothing, just a lunch, " I said, with a grin.  Of course, my grand plans sometimes fail.  So, we will see.  I am curious how this is going to backfire.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence