Me not talk funny--moment of truth 2


Yeah, so my sister mentions that you are the "funny one".  Except, I'm not.  During the holidays we played this fun game where one created some funny line to accompany an empty New Yorker cartoon.  (Yes, typical family style, we think for fun.)  Thereafter, one reads all of the lines and people take turns voting which is funniest.  My father, the sometimes stern sometimes preacher father, received multiple votes on a variety of turns.  Yup, this foreshadowing is obvious. I didn't get one vote! I sat there in my wounded silence and thought to myself, "I don't even have funny."  What is left?  Instead of arias, sonatas, points or esoteric PhDs, what am I? Hmmm, loud and crass?  Sure, my sister can mention that I was not lost in the family.   But, what a talent and jewel, you couldn't ignore me if you tried.  I'm going to go on America's Got Talent. I'm forming my posse now. (That's an artist's profile of Better Midler, you get the point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence