Looking for fun




After my fun a-ha, I wanted to have fun more often.  With all of the kids off school, we went skating with the family today.  I used my razor and sailed around the rink.  The music was pumping old tunes like Ghost Busters and such.   I had that great moment again where I found myself in a zone floating to music and wearing a big smile.  It reminded me of all those joyful moments of roller skating when I was a little girl.  I would just happily hum to myself and practice my turns in people's driveways.  Today I sang really loudly and grinned.  I would keep pushing my legs harder and harder to see how fast I could go.   I've been reading that women sometimes have a hard time remembering who they were before marriage, careers and kids.   I found that bookish girl with glasses today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence