The Ugly Things We Do


You know those ugly things we do? Alone, when no one is watching?  Come on admit it, a pick or a scratch.  Maybe you smell your belly button lint or you take pleasure in popping a zit.  Whatever it is, it is what makes us human and vulnerable.   You really don't want anyone to know about it. But, you still do it.  I know it took several months of marriage before I was generally comfortable with my husband being with the REAL me.  The transition was necessary and funny.  However, I still kept a few tricks up my sleeve.  If some of you read this and wonder about the multiplicity of my bad habits, consider yourself more evolved than I am.  My husband saw me doing something I would prefer only the videos in heaven see. Well, I am stunned by his compassion and love.  He wasn't phased by it.   I didn't know he loved me that much.   I guess love is a miracle worker.  But, I guess I have some evolving to do.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence