Star Wars for the home

After hearing my daughter so easily deter my husband from getting in "trouble", I was reminded of how tricky they are. Children are very clever at using phrases such as "but why doesn't", or "but he didn't do either" ... I reminded him that when one is disciplining a child, one must always "stay on target". This got me thinking, can one parent only by evoking the wisdom of Star Wars? I think so.
Wonderful girl--Either I might try to kill her or I'm beginning to like her. What can I say? Kids are a pain in the bum, but gosh they are the cutest.
I find your lack of faith disturbing. My kids aren't always sure I know where to drive or how to do something! Aren't they still young enough that I should be in a godlike state for a few more years ?!!
Use the force. Sometimes forces is necessary. If you have kids, you have to forcefully (ha-ha) carry a screaming child away from a store or neighbor's house. Don't be shy, remember Yoda, there is a time and place to use the force.
Size matters not--Judge me by my size do you? Well, my children are small, but don't underestimate their power to wreak havoc on my home. The other point of view is this: I'm small but don't mess with me.
The tighter you grip, the more star systems (children) will slip through your fingers. I have found the more intense I get, the more my children seem to be amused than frightened of me.
You must unlearn what you have learned. Once you start down the dark path--forever it will dominate your destiny." We all know that losing one's temper is easy. But it IS a dark path. So, you know... never underestimate the force.
Watch your mouth kid, or you'll find yourself floating home.

Comments

Joanna said…
How have I been so unaware of your blogging capabilities? See - this is what happens when I leave the state. I thought you had sworn not to enter the blogging world. I am so happy to find out that you are joining those of us who are exposing ourselves to those crazy stalkers out there. Haha. If you are ever interested in checking it out, I have my own blog as well at www.wanderingshores.blogspot.com. I miss you as well (you specifically - and Paul and the kids, of course).
Joanna said…
Ok,not to inundate you with comments or anything, but now that you are in the blogging world, there is a blog that I think you would really love. It is www.designmom.com. She is LDS, a mom, and graphic designer living in New York, and her blog is all about cool clothes, books, etc. for both moms and kids. I really like her weekly children's book reviews. Anyway, it just seemed like the perfect blog for you. Enjoy!
Husker Bonedork said…
"Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not a Jedi yet!"

Ok Kate. Hilarious blog! My favorite was "the tighter your grip..."

Classic Star Wars!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence