What are words for?

It has been quite a while for me here in blogland. What have I been doing? Oh, getting all sorts of stressed and reading parenting books. I need a good laugh ya know. I was going to share a small vignette about my yearly lady exam. But, then hark...what if I were to run for political office? What if I were in some position in a spritual/church setting where this would be bad? (Well, let the laughter subside.) Instead, for now, let me share two lists of words.

Words I like or like to say:
brouhaha
luminescent--so descriptive
"swear words" yes that phrase. My children always ask me if I am actually swearing
hooha
sheesh
epistemology-makes me so smart. Wait, what did she say?
"mom time is over!"
algorithm

Words I can't say or don't like saying:
crotch--personal ugg word
omnipotent--who else says Omni--potent?
Penelope--Penny Lope
rad--as in "that is so rad"
I was wrong--I prefer well.......
Relax

I have put myself to the challenge of finding five funnies in the near future AND recording them. I could use it. Maybe you could too.

Comments

Unknown said…
can i add panties to your ugg word list? and have you read the kids book Skippyjonjones? It cracks me up each and every time we read it with clever and funny words. word to the wise...it is not totally pc in some people's opinion, i think it is hilarious!
mindy said…
You want to know a fun word to say? "Yee-haw!" This is even better if you say it LOUDLY while raising your arm. And of course, only when your children are present...Love your lists!!!
Mary Morris said…
like the "swear words" line. I'll have to try that.
Scott-n-Allison said…
The gal who does our TFOT lessons on Sundays always has me confused. I have to go home and look up multiple words in the dictionary because I don't know what they mean.

Of course in the lesson I just sit and smile and nod my head like I totally agree.

She has a vocabulary like no other.


There is a river in Washington called the Skookumchuck River. Skookumchuck is one of my all time favorite things to say.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence