One skill

It is late at night, but life is like a sitcom. My husband has a buddy at work. They get along great. So, we have a first date tomorrow night. He sent me a link of the wife's blog. I immediately found out she is crafty. Not like has some fun hanging and making stuff. NO! She designs pillows, quilts, repaints things and makes them cuter. Picture after picture of gorgeous designs like you see on design mom and itsy (or whatever that thing is that is sooo not me.) My husband then tells me she can program software. My response "great, not only is she crafty, she is smart." I've got nothin'! No hand. My fall back is usually claiming I am smart. Really, it is a back up to the fact I have no other talents. It is like a big smoke screen. But, if you ask my kids--well, husband is funny and I am good at having kids. Yes, stop,slow it down. I am good at having kids. I noticed they didn't even assign me gender typical talents of cooking, cleaning or nurturing or whatever my species does. Nope, I am good at being a baby factory. Therefore, I have been talented four times in my entire life. If I understand my children correctly, I have already achieved my Zenith. It is all a slide for the present unless I can find something which will help me rise again. Now....where is that quilting pattern?

Comments

Julie Ramsay said…
You're also a runner and sooooo smart and funny! I might have to take up quilting too.
Marni said…
Kate,

What are you talking about? YOU UNDERSTAND MATH!!! That one cannot be beat!
Marni
Scott-n-Allison said…
You are the best Kate I know...and anyone would want that skill. :)

Good luck!
moma sneddon said…
Well, you don't like to be told what I think you are THEE BEST AT, and that is parenting. I've watched you so many times deal with a situation that would overwhelm me and you come out on top!! Creative and smart in your own way. Don't let quilters even bother you:)
Anonymous said…
So Kate, It may not be a talent that you can take a picture of and show off on a couples date. But I think I've mentioned this to you before ... every time we get together ... no matter how many years it has been, we just 'fall back into friends'. It's almost like no time has passed at all, but not quite. Because the growth that ... well that YOU'VE experienced (I'm not sure that the changes I go through are 'growth') is all still there, and apparent. That ability to reach across time, and pull together the chains of the past is YOUR talent. It definitely has nothing to do with me.

Anyway. I hope that made some sort of sense. It is one of the many things I admire about you and might be in the top 3.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence