Yup, that works


We (my husband) just purchased a blue-ray player.  Not a big deal for me. I'm not a techie. However, to demonstrate its amazing sound, we had a concert from Queen playing loudly in our basement. Yup, you may think that is not my kind of music. While I did have a brief love affair with weak hair bands for a while, I was snooty and didn't think I was a Queen fan. After singing along to a number of their songs, I gave in and accepted it. Go ahead. Go to i-tunes or youtube and look up Queen. You'll sing a-long and have a good time.  This band plays shake it, sing at the top of your lungs, nod your head real hard and sometimes dance music. I was ready for Wayne's World right then. Ohhh and that Freddie Mercury, what a talent.  He can sing, play piano, play guitar and dance.  BUT, watching him dance, I was struck by how different he was.  He just didn't come across as the typical arrrg/roar heavy metal singer. Heaven knows we need to celebrate the different in each person.  Freddie Mercury is his own kind of guy. Think about it,  instead of Quiet Riot, Scorpions,  Megadeath, White Zombie and a zillion other names involving death and destruction...you get Queen.


Comments

Unknown said…
Yeah for Blue Ray and rocking out at home...:)
Carolyn said…
Thanks for posting this video. You may not think I'm a Queen fan either, but I agree that Freddie is an amazing talent. I have a soft spot in my heart for Bohemian Rhapsody. Amazing!
Anonymous said…
Love it! My favorite Freddie song is "Under Pressure" sung with David Bowie. Brilliant. And yes, my age is showing.
J-E said…
So funny. Just today (at a teacher meeting) we were talking about using this song to teach tone and voice. Though I didn't quite agree that it was the teaching solution of the decade, I've been singing it since. And he does have a great voice. Even I feel old when I tell my students that most singers in their generation have little actual talent.
Katydid said…
Marianne, I almost posted the David Bowie duet. It is one my all-time favorites. Embrace who you are!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence