How to organize ridiculous

Each person you meet has a struggle. There are those that struggle with exercise, overspending, or temper. I struggle with clutter. Just as some may have a public goal which declares exercise, I would benefit with an open goal of "getting it together".  Sadly, I am the person who loses keys, school forms and yes--sometimes important mail. I don't like living this way. I declared defeat and went to my favorite place, the library, to research my problem. I checked out four books on organization. One was from the cute guy with the accent: Peter Walsh. I got excited to read "How to organize just about everything."  It begins with obvious concepts of making a to-do list or dealing with mail.  All of it was helpful.
 As I continued to peruse, I came upon some titles of this form: Become a brain surgeon, get into an elite law school or become a talk show host.  The broad sweep of topic spurred me on and I continued to read. Nestled between family calendars and cleaning the closet was the following:  Plan an Invasion, Outsmart pirates, make a jail break, prepare for an act of God. Yeah it turns out an act of God means tornados or fires. It did not mean movie level, finger-of-god stuff. Trust me, I wanted to KNOW how one would survive an F5 tornado or giant-sized Stay Puff Marshmallow man. But, I can also give you directions for writing the great American novel or stopping world hunger.  If you want to break out of jail, you must:
  • Be patient
  • Keep you mouth shut
  • Know prison routines
  • Have an accomplice get a job in the U.S. Post Office
If you currently have great need of the remaining steps, email me. I'll reply as quickly as possible.

Comments

mindy said…
Yes, but are you organized yet? P.S. you'll be the first person I contact if I need to break out of prison...thanks for reading up on that for me---just in case (wink, wink):)

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence