Alive and Kicking





I turned 39 yesterday. I wanted to embrace every year and celebrate who I am. Well, I thought about posting a picture of me in a bikini. Stop laughing now. It would be a symbolic concept of me embracing who I am. It would be bold. IT WOULD BE ON THE INTERNET!!! So, I didn't. Instead, I got up at five and tested out my new Garmin .Thanks Babe! I ate my favorite breakfast of raspberries, blueberries and strawberries with cream. Yes, you read that right--straight cream poured like milk. YUMMMMY! I then took the kiddos and did some weeding, rose clipping and porch scraping for new paint.

Thereafter, I wanted to make sure I had my birthday just right. I made myself a coconut cream pie. J. thought I was a little pathetic to make my own pie. "Mom, shouldn't that be a surprise?" I explained that if one (me) is particular about one's birthday cake, one should do it themselves. I cut a quick slice, sang with the kids and then we jumped in the car for crazy day at the local amusement park. What a great birthday. As tempted as I was to maybe get Botox or preserve my face before it falls, food and fun seemed to be a better idea. (Ha! Wait until 40)

Comments

I love it! I always make my own birthday cake too--Black forest with berries and cream-yum!
Unknown said…
Yeah for birthdays-sorry I never remember yours! I also make my own cake, that way it is super yummy and what I want. Did you take your kids by yourself to amuse? If so, super kuddos to you! I really hope you had help though. Love ya-

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence