Aruba, Jamaica, Cayman Islands



So, I couldn't think of a more clever title, but I'll get back to that. You know what I learned after being in a sunshine state of bliss for seven days? Well, I must add that I did not have my kids. Marriage is a lot easier without children. Marriage is a lot easier with maids. You know, on second thought, I need to make a list.
Marriage is a lot easier:
  • without kids
  • with maids
  • without cooking
  • without snow
  • without laundry
  • without cars
  • with sunsets
  • with oodles of leisure time
  • with enough sleep
  • with enough money (or just ignoring the bills for a week)
  • with lush beauty surrounding you
  • with naps
  • with holding hands each day
  • with laughter
I know we have made it through ten years of life. We have seen each other through children, unemployment (twice), medical scares, sickness, post-partum, life-doubts, fear, anger, bad days or months, family-problems, funerals and more body-fluid incidents than I care to describe. So, these seven days of idyllic calm were so simple and joyful, that it made me wonder. Would marriage be easier if we got rid of all those things? When we talk about things, it is like looking back upon a long hike. We remember the vistas or really gritty trails (or trials) that pushed us. We smile to each other and know we have made it so far. I know I have someone who knows all of my ugly stuff. He knows it and still enjoys my company and believes in me. So, I guess wonderful trips like this are even more amazing as you go further along in life.

Comments

Joanna said…
Yay! Jen told me you where going somewhere special and I'm glad to hear it was so great. What a nice break from Utah, eh? I'm sure everyone around you was jealous when you got back. I still need to get an update from Jen on how she and Nigel dealt with being immediate parents of 3 - haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence