Where are we? In a money pit!

Yup, I'm still here.  I'm not sure anyone else is.  I know the secret to a blog is frequent posting.  That is what I read.  Instead, I have been around doing other stuff.  Mainly, two things have happened.  I worried that my electronic life could be bigger than my real one.  That made me want to focus on people.  The second, much bigger part of the my absence, is this story.  Once upon a time, we bought a house.  Before much of the work was started, I sat my husband down to watch this:
After watching some of the movie, "this movie was ridiculous, over-the-top movie from the'80s."  I wonder what that husband of summer yesteryear would say to us now.  Yes, I am still here.  The house is still here.  Three contractors have asked how my marriage is.  It is still here.  My bank account...not so much.  That movie did capture the truth... a bit.  We have had more than our share of unexpected things happen.  Estimates, many times, were four times what we had planned.  I have been asked with amusement if we "bought this house?" We are through the worst.  Yes, we actually do need to finish the stairs.

I am thinking about the word regret.  Instead,  I want to look at the word learning.  I have learned so much.  That has been the best part.  I haven't documented all of the changes or drama.  It might make me put my head down.  But, I think I do need to gather the photos to give a sense of all the fun we have had. Despite all of the trouble, it feels good to make something better.  If given the time and money, I would do it again.  I find myself driving by Tudors that aren't on the way home.

Comments

Carolyn said…
Yep, I'm still out here reading your blog. But I've found it really difficult to maintain my own blog, much for the same reason. Too busy doing stuff to write about it.

I would love to see your favorite photos that show the fun part of the journey. I loved walking through your house, and can imagine how great it will all look, especially when your basement is livable space.

Oh, and post photos of your master bedroom closet--the masterpiece that you designed yourself!
Mary Morris said…
Keep your runner inner-dialogue-to-self going: "Keep going, I WILL finish, it will be worth it when it is over, and I will be so happy."

Maybe that's what you think when you run--I guess I don't exactly know.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence