Conclusion, construction, commotion and couch

So much for finishing my round up of Europe. Maybe I should sum up like this: we saw Paris, we survived the subway, we saw art in famous places (the kids were kind enough to walk around for 45 minutes) and we made the whole flight. When the flight ended, I looked in shock at my husband. We made it, we made it. That trip hardly sucked at all. The trip was made possible by the following: frequent flyer miles, my good friend Julie from NE now in Switzerland, my brother and his wife in Munich, my Mom, Legos, Sherpa backpacks, pea pod baby beds, Keen shoes for kids, REI convertible pants, county library for research, games, my pretty pony and a variety of books found in local stores near you.

My daughter now describes Paris to friends: It isn't that great...besides the Arc d'Triumph or the Eiffel Tower. She does have a pair of real French panties, which I think counts for some kind of fun. What about the last month? We are so sophisticated we have been making our own cheese and painting......Actually, we just threw ourselves into adjustment. We hadn't done that before we left. We finally met some neighbors. We celebrated the fourth of July. We washed all of our laundry. We signed up for swimming, basketball and tennis. We demolished the basement. Played find the smell and we now have dug a big hole in our backyard. I'm not sure what the heck we are doing. Did we really sign up to excavate our basement? For now, we live on the top part of our house. Sometimes, I really doubt our decision. The are other times when I run in the park, go walking/biking or go to some local place to eat and i feel like things will eventually sort themselves. But, if you want to chat about all of that or whatever is going on in your life, come find me on our big tacky leather couch on the porch. I think it is awesome. Husband thinks it is an eyesore.

Comments

Carolyn said…
This is a fun, quick update on a lot of major things. I can completely hear your voice in it, talking a mile a minute.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence