Well, Why Not?

A year ago, we realized we had enough frequent flier miles to go to Germany to see my brother and visit Switzerland. Well, it is late, the kids are asleep and I am almost done packing. We take off in a few hours for Germany. Why did we do it?

We could.
We had the miles.
My mom is coming. I am so excited to show her my favorite places of Switzerland.
I want my children to get a sense of the mission I served.
We had the time and opportunity.
While we are gone, they are going to work on the foundation of our old/new house. It's like we almost planned the whole thing :)
An 18-month-old on a flight? Hmmm...wish me luck or drugs. All my kids in their great, messy, loud glory? Watch out Paris!

Basically, I am count-down-for-the-last-six-months excited. I have read endless books and thought about this way too much. It got me through long nights and mundane days. Here's too my dreams sort of matching to reality. If I get the time, I will post up-dates!

Comments

Julie Ramsay said…
You can do updates at my house...and laundry too! :)
Carolyn said…
YAY! I'm so glad you get a chance to take this trip with your family. It will be a well-deserved change of pace after all your long work moving over the past month.

Even if you don't post updates along the way, take lots of pictures and jot notes in a journal. You'll have plenty of time for blog posts on late nights in mid-winter.

Have a great time!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence