Cha, cha, changes



I have been stuck in a speed trap of life changes. The last few months have brought big and small alterations to our family. At the end, we decided to make a major life switch. I'm still not sure how it will all be for us. We have decided to leave suburbia, sell our house and move in a smaller more downtownish location.

These pictures mark some of the most significant changes in our house. If you are interested in the major changes we made to the kitchen, I can post those later. After we painted, remodeled and sewed, we finally made the house feel just like it was ours. I loved the act of creation. It has now sold and we won't live here next month. At times, I wonder how I would want to move right after we did so much work. On the other hand, I think we have lots of exciting challenges ahead of us.





The downside:we lose 1200 SF, three-car garage, gorgeous backyard and good neighbors, the new house is 100 years old and my husband cannot walk standing up in the house.

The upside: we are in WALKING distance to some of the best eating in the city,it has great running opportunities, we going to have to learn to live simply, we are living close enough to be a help to my in-laws, my kids can walk to school, the yard work will no longer kill us and we have a big porch.

Comments

Sarah said…
Wow! Where's the new house? I used to live right down the street from your in-laws (Jenny told me once) and we almost bought a house in that neighborhood. Sigh. We ended up in East Millcreek which is good enough for me. I can walk to the grocery store and pushing my baby through the aisles as I fill the stroller with produce makes me feel oh, so urban. No really, it does. :)
Sarah said…
wrote "good enough for me" meant "really wonderful too"
Unknown said…
wow oh wow oh wow...i wish i was there to help with moving. yeah! and good luck xo
mindy said…
I look forward to hearing all about your exciting new adventures!
Unknown said…
Sounds perfect for you. I can totally picture you and the family living the urban life. Congrats!-Marianne
Joanna said…
So exciting! I wish I could see the new place. I love old houses and really think you guys are going to have a blast. Here's to urban living! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence