Uncool Test

Reader's Digest recently published a list of words which are passe. For each phrase you use--give yourself a point.
1. bling I was never a fan
2. talk to the hand
3. been there done that
4. cutting edge
5. hipness
6. not As in That is so cool! NOT!
7. totally awesome Been there done that ten years ago and haven't been back
8. like She was like sha and I'm like blah
9. sell-by date I'm not sure about this one. Doesn't everyone check their milk date?
10. neat-o Maybe in the 50s!
11. diss
12 dude I use this word all the time. I use it when I'm frustrated, to sound folksy with people at cash registers and plumber/repair type people and in every day conversation. Could I sound more pretentious? I'm thinking what a dead give away of an older-white lady thinking she is "with-it"
13. with-it ouch
14. my bad uggg
15. girlfriend guilty sometimes
16. don't go there
17. bummer
My score so far is 8 out of 17. So, sort of out of it. However, one should probably add the following:

18. bust a move
19. lame
20. chill
21. hot or is that still hot?
22. whatever
23. da bomb He is the da bomb. I used this for a nanosecond when I was teaching. I'm sure I sounded pathetic and a poser.
24. told you the updated version of face, as "in your face"
25. that is jacked

Comments

Julie Ramsay said…
I am such a loser and a try way too hard I won't even tell you my score...I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on :)
Unknown said…
hahahahaha & do you really read the Reader's Digest? The only place I ever see it is in a certain small room at my parent's house.
Katydid said…
So, I was reading it in the doctors office. That should indicate something right there. Really I am taking pop culture advice from an old people magazine?....except it seemed sort of on. Hmmmmmm

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence