December Love

I'm sitting here in my mom's house thinking of the past month and year. I have learned some good stuff this month. Some stuff: I realized my husband loves high heels. I know they make me stick my small butt out and make me taller--sheesh they make my feet hurt. But, he pointed out some crazy shoes that I thought were for runway models. It must be all about the hot lady, heel walk. I thought that shoe thing was a stereo-type, or at least my guy is a stereotype.
In addition, I guess our marriage has been based on recurring Little House on the Prairie scenes. Our basement was flooding, I donned rubber boots and began to use a bucket for the window well. As the rain pounded on my head I couldn't lift the window grate to get to the water. After struggling to move it I began shouting in the wet dark. Finally, I stormed in where my husband was calmly setting up a pump system with his drill. "Why must you always resort to turn-of-the-century-prairie techniques?" It is true. I grew up reading wilderness, self-sufficent books. I am positive if we have had to live in a post-apocolyptic world like in the The Road, I'm sure I would die. I have absolutely no talents involving any use of tools. It worries me I would not be the survivor when I wander a road looking for food and shelter.
At the end of it all, Christmas reminds me of some constants, after endless fun and eating--you really can be sick of chocolate. I still love singing Christmas songs. Christmas morning is best with kids. Egg nog still is only good for a few sips. Sisters still provide the best giggles. Parents can still make me roll my eyes when I am middle-aged. Siblings can still poke me in ways that no other person knows how. Or maybe this all means I have a lot of growing-up to do. Finally, I love laughter, movies, marriage a-has, food, singing, presents, family and all the good stuff of the season! Really, at this moment I am being reminded of how pathetic I am while a game awaits my presence. That would be my last yearly constant. I couldn't let a blog sit until I did two entries for December. "Is she still blogging?" quotes, a sister with a tinge of hurry-up let's play a game. Why yes, I am and I still have a good time with it--but I am off to games and silliness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence