End of summer and looking beyond

The anal part of me wants to have some kind of entry for August. Playing in summer is hard work! We have been doing swimming lessons, basketball camp, letter-boxing, running and a family reunion to San Diego. School is less than two weeks away. We probably need to think about it. My three-year-old is NOT going to pre-school because she refuses to use a toilet. So, I have come up with a plan to celebrate school anyway. She is a great little hiker. So, I am going to load the wee-ones and we will see what trails we can explore during the fall. That should help take the sting away from not doing school--they would have loved her. I am pretty sure the sting is for me.

My half-marathon was fun. I did a little better than I thought I would. I did most of the race with my cousin. I rarely get the chance to talk with someone uninterrupted. That was one of the best parts of the race. My kids and man were great to cheer me on at the end. Surely, they are over watching mom run. I am looking forward to sharing this hobby with someone in my family. Right now, I am sitting in a pool of laundry, toys, dishes and stinky car. Yes, we pulled in from the trip last night. I, of course, am sitting here very focused hoping I will not see all the work around me.

Comments

Julie Ramsay said…
Oh summer is such hard work! My husband thinks we're all on vacation but its not true! My half marathon is in September so I'm getting excited for that. I've never run long distances before but its really fun.
Unknown said…
What 1/2 did you run? Yeah for summer and YEAH!!!!! for fall. I am so done with southern humidity. At 6am today it was 80 degrees and 86% humidity. I just crawled back to bed.

Potty training is one of those mysteries in life. I don't care who you are and what books you have written, you don't know how/why it works or really what to do. xo
mindy said…
Congrats on another successful run---that is amazing! I love that you are making plans to keep busy this fall with the kids---you are such an inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence