A week of trivial pursuit

Yes, I did give birth recently. I'll comment more on that another day. My brain is working on the trivial today. While working on being the sole food source for a youngun, I have watched more tv than is usual. Hence, I will share all of the tremendous wisdom I have gathered in the past week.
  • Green Day needs a new look. The hot, rebellious look of punkness looks ridiculous on older dudes. The drummer looks like a middle-aged guy on Halloween. I would include a picture, but I am worried about copyright laws. It is more like eeewwww than oooooooo!
  • There are some FREAKY fans of the Twilight series. Wow! There are fans and then there are women who bedazzle their t-shirts/pillows/whatnot in favor of team Jacob or Edward.
  • You would think a 34-D is hot....yet it is not. For some of you, this is not a big number. For me, wo stop the conversation people I am past a B!
  • Since I have gone there, let's talk more letters. Some nursing bras go up to K. Really? How do you walk?
  • College football is more interesting than pro.
  • I have become a Donny Osmond fan again. He is a real classy guy. Maybe I will write an entire entry of why I believe this to be true.
  • Do you think Oprah will really quit? I think she will still do something public.
  • I'm pretty sure soap operas have the same story lines I watched when I was in high school. But, I think some people have had some GOOD plastic surgery.
  • I think my brain is more comfortable with trivial than serious thoughts.
  • It always requires difficult days for me to remember what a gift my body/health is.
  • Good and kind people have enriched and blessed my life on a daily basis.
  • It can be glorious to slowly walk in bright sunshine.

Comments

Unknown said…
Kate-
Love the post. I have never watched more tv then when breastfeeding or being on bedrest. You always make me laugh. Wish I could respond to all your thoughts but it would be boring. Donny fan-yes, for the first time in my life. Huge nursing bras, yes. Not even going to mention a number. As for Jacob, after seeing New Moon I wish I was 17 so I could have a crush on Taylor whatever who plays him. You know I have always been on team Jacob. No, I haven't kissed my mirror pretending it was him, or Edward to be honest. Write more about your baby. For example, what is him name?
Carolyn said…
I rather enjoyed reading this list.

I missed the Dancing of Donny, but read about it in the paper. I became fan of Donny again a few years ago when he sang "Be a Man" for Disney's Mulan. Such a great song.

My favorite item was this:
"It always requires difficult days for me to remember what a gift my body health is."
So true.
Scott-n-Allison said…
Yes, you sound like you are in that happy post-partum fog. I love it. Congrats on the baby...tell us more!
Ah Kate, you rock, as usual! I never read or watch anything serious postpartum. It's been years since i had a deep thought actually.
BTW, What is little David's first name?
: ) Lisa
Quinn said…
Really - tv? I always read with the baby propped on a nursing pillow I had a hand free to hold a book. That first little while is soooo great and soooo quickly gone. Enjoy it while you can. And uh, Team Edward all the way!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence