I love being gleefully ugly

Couples have personalities like people. I think our "couple personality" would be sarcastic with a touch of mean. I try to be nice, but I am always fighting the snarky inside. My favorite tv shows offer a blend of everything that is important in my life: broadway, pop-culture and mean people. I confess to loving a good snide comment. Ugly Betty and Glee contain all of these snaps of fun. Glee leans more to broadway whereas Ugly gets more into pop culture. Both of them channel the stingers. I left some previews that sort of capture a sense of the fluffy candy I like. Fall held/holds the promise of gleeful fun.

My husband and I were so excited for the celebration to begin. We felt let down. Glee wasn't fun. Instead, it was more sex/relationships than I wanted. It is only a first episode I hope they can rebalance. The gold-digger song was perfect--look for it on you- tube. It could be such a place for musical joy and over-the-top characters. My ideal order is a show with mean people plotting and a touch of smug on the side. If I wanted relationships, I would watch Greys whatever or Desperate Housewives. My desires must reveal my truest self.






The new fall for Betty is still open. I hope Betty finds the balance of pop and nasty.







Comments

Unknown said…
I actually wanted to cry when I watched the 2nd episode of Glee. I was so completely in enamoured with it after the pilot. I am waiting for tonight's episode to see if we really have to break up or not.

By the way, funny movie if you haven't seen it; Run Fat Boy Run. Indie comedy which is a little naughty at times, a few scenes don't work, but over all really fun.
Marni said…
No judgement here. I watched the pilot for The Vampire Diaries last week. We must all digress somehow.

Marni
10 points--i called it after the pilot! The lighting and lack of festive music gave it away.
I'm thinking about buying all 6 hrs of pride and prejudice? I already know it has a happy ending and i'm teaching aerobics to my broadway CD tomorrow . . .
love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence