I almost switched

Driving along the road today I saw: Free Pie and Dessert 6 pm. See I'm not a cake girl, I love pie--coconut, chocolate, apple, banana cream or cherry.  As I looked for more info, I realized it was a church function. And not mine.  Sheesh! Why don't we do pie?  That has got to be better than knocking doors.  Still, I really wasn't ready for a life change or ready to pretend I wanted some good ol' time religion.  I passed.  As I drove, I soothed myself with the assurance it was apple from a can, fake banana and runny coconut.  But really,  I think they are onto something.

Comments

M+J=K3+E said…
There are onto something. Let's add that to our RS meetings or maybe Sunday School. I bet more people who be apt to come if there was pie offered during Sunday School.
Scott-n-Allison said…
The church down the street from me does veggie cooking class. Now if they would do chocolate, I might attend. I figure that since they are 7th Day Adventists, it wouldn't conflict with my Sunday obligations.

When are you going to come see your brother so that I can see you? He's only one ward away from me!
mindy said…
Ahhhh, pie is a hard thing to resist. I applaud your will power:)
Ah, come on Kate--stay with us. I'll send you my choc chip cookie recipe . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence