Jake Ryan where have you gone?



We were driving downtown today and saw a few boys in slouchy jeans with tattoos.  "Mom, I just don't get boys," said my daughter.   My mind immediately went to this scene:





That movie is not new, yet I haven't seen much change.  The pants may be tighter and they are wearing gauges in their ears.  I thought of a time when boys, okay some boys, wore shirts with collars and sweaters.  Maybe the preppy look was out of control.  But,  I remember a time when boys looked like this:



Just spending a few seconds there and you get a different vibe. Yeah, I know this is what we thought hoped all boys should look like.  Menswear has a cycle of about 20 years.  I am ready to campaign for regime change.  It doesn't have to be izods and boat shoes.  But, dudes work with me!

Comments

Michelle S.J. said…
Kate umm boat shoes are already back.
Katydid said…
Nordstrom may be carrying them. But, teenage boys aren't wearing them. (I don't need to see boat shoes, just STYLE!)
Jen said…
makes me laugh! styles are different here. people of all ages, including teenage boys, have been wearing boat shoes since we moved here. of course most have saggy pants. i just don't know how it doesn't make them crazy to have pants falling down all the time.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence