Nuts and bolts

Maybe you are just sitting there wondering what is that house doing?  Well, here is your chance to say nope I would never do that or, hmmm that looks like a lot of fun.


A mess of years of wiring and junk



  • Old houses have old wiring?  Yes they do!  We were told it was pretty good.  It wasn't.  We (not me, but people I know)  have pulled and reinstalled wire.   That is part of the mess from the adventure.  The utility box has been moved downstairs as well.


  • Basement framed and new plumbing!

    oooh shiny new duct work--only exciting if you live in a 100 year-old house




  • Yes, the downstairs you wonder.  That giant dirt mess, has allowed us access to do all sorts of great stuff.  We do have four walls now.  We also have a floor.  That happened a month ago.  It also gave us the ability to update plumbing and duct work.  We had no vents under windows, which made all sorts of cold spots.  Of course, we have old fashioned vents that don't go anywhere and allow us to "look" downstairs.  All in good time.  That has required more than one day of no water or power.  Somehow my kids arranged with the sickness gods to be ill during that time.  That is over too!


  • Grass for running and playing....brown fence not sure




  • This is not going to change:  my alley for backing out.  When we first checked-out the house,  I refused to use the alley. If I did back out, I required assistance.  Seven months later, I can back out both ways.  I learned a lesson.  You can adapt and learn things.   You just keep trying.  
  • Comments

    Jen said…
    Oh my. that first picture made me scared for the rest of the post. but I love seeing the progress of your house! Are you still sane? xo

    Popular posts from this blog

    Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

    Bonfire of Vanity

    Truth and Consequence