It's like this

A set of bits and bobs in my head:

I feel like the last ten years of music has been abysmal. I know that one tends to think their era of music was the best. I do find eminem has powerful rage. I'm just not THERE anymore. However, I wondered if we couldn't find anything more creative than Nickelback. Really everything seems like a painful retread from the 90s. It was like a desert of creativity. I just found something that parched my thirst for more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkUeRPjc-Y. Who are they? (Mumford and Sons!) It was fun, energetic and DIFFERENT. I'm sure this group is not new for many of you. It was just joyful for me. It makes me want to hop.

My hip has been injured and sore since September. I have not run since the start of fall. Some funny things: I weigh less and I am beginning to resent those who run. Instead of rejoicing for their ability and committment, I "grrr" in my heart. I have had a cortisone shot and physical therapy. It still aches quite a bit. Ahh boogers I say.

I found the uprising in Egypt to be exciting. It was fascinating to see the impact of social media upon political unrest. I wondered what would have earlier uprisings been like years ago. FB update: dude no tax on tea meet us on the water-front. I wondered how China could have been different. Then, other thoughts went through. This seemed sudden. However, it probably was brewing for a long time. I felt uninformed and clueless. After thirty years of a dictatorship, there can't be any stable power structures. What is going to fill that hole? It seems to be spreading. Is this the age of democracy or instability?

Comments

Katie said…
Love Mumford and Sons! Thanks for the recommendation. Paolo Nutini has a similar sound. I like both of his cds.

Popular posts from this blog

Delirious Dreams of a Fat Chick

Bonfire of Vanity

Truth and Consequence